About Macau
Visa Requirement
Transportation
Smart Shopping Tips
Useful Telephone Number
About Macau

Welcome to Macau, a unique city where the East-meets-West. Macau is truly a dynamic city with harmoniously blend of Chinese and Portuguese cultures.

The Macau Special Administrative Region consists of Macau Peninsula, the islands of Taipa and Coloane. There are three bridges linking Macao Peninsula and Taipa Island. Sai Van Bridge is the third crossing. It is a harp-shape cable-stay bridge and is the first concrete two-level bridge in the world. The lower deck will be open under extreme weather conditions and could also accommodate a future light railway.

The total population is estimated at over 500 thousands inhabitants. About 95% are the ethnic Chinese and the remaining 5% of the population include Portuguese and people from other countries. Chinese and Portuguese are the official languages, but Cantonese being most widely spoken.

Visa Requirement

All visitors need a passport, valid travel documents and visas although most likely visitors do not need a visa to enter Macau. For visitors who require visas, they are available on arrival, for individuals (MOP$ 100), families (MOP$ 200 for couples and children under 12 years) and groups (MOP$ 50 per person). Visitors who wish to travel from Macau to the PRC can obtain visas from any office of the China Travel Service.